Monday, April 2, 2012

PLEASE READ!!! Does anyone go to a Boarding school in Melbourne, Australia


PLEASE READ!!! Does anyone go to a Boarding school in Melbourne, Australia?
if so, what is it like?? my dad wants to go overseas but i want to finish my vce in Australia and the only way is to go to boarding school. The boarding school dad has planned for me is Geelong Grammar School. I have my doubts... because im just really afraid of the high standard of work... Also i have only been going through public schooling all my school life and now dad wants me to go to this prestigious, top-ranking private school to BOARD?!?!?! I dont know if i will be able to take it :\ Also im finishing my last year of schooling there. Yr 12 What is a boarding school like?? Is it reaaalllllyyyy strict?? Is the standard reaaaallllyyy hard? Does it have the 'family atmosphere' that most schools say it has?? Pros and Cons?? Any info will do on boarding schools. Preferably if your in Melb, Australia
Homework Help - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hey guess what? I board in Melbourne! Except not at Geelong. I board at MLC. When I first started boarding at the begining of year 8, it was pretty scary to be living with the people you go to school with, and it the fact that there was always teachers around creeped me out. The standard of work isn't too high to deal with. It is very manageable. It may seem scary especially because you are coming from a public school, and it may seem a bit overwhelming at first, but trust me you will love it. Yes, it does have the 'family atmosphere' in a way. The people you stay with you become so close to you begin to feel like they are your family. PROS You make some great friends You don't have to always see your parents (this is good for me, might not be for you) It makes seeing your parents a lot more enjoyable when you do see them after you have been apart Everyone is really nice You have your own room CONS Less privacy You need permission to go eveywhere and you have to get people to take you to places Good luck. You will be fine. Much love x
2 :
heyy my best friend is a boarder in melbs except she is at mggs which is practically in the centre of town. i moved to melbs a couple of years ago from a scottish public school and i did find the standard alot higher, but i also found the teachers so much more willing to help and felt they actually wanted to be at school. I would say geelong is a wee bit out of the way like it would be better to be at mgs or mggs (i dont know whether you are a girl or guy) or some other melbourne boarding school cos there will be more to do. Anyway i dont know any pros and cons cos i am not a boarder, but whatever you do...GOOD LUCK!:p xox
Read more discussion :