Tuesday, March 17, 2009

How can I finish High School in Australia, and then go to college in the US


How can I finish High School in Australia, and then go to college in the US?
We do a VCE (Victoria), which gives us a score that allows us to get into university courses, and get our degrees, however, I want to go to university in America. Is there any way to do this besides doing the International Baccalaureate (which as far as I know, you do the same sort of thing, get your score, but its world recognised, where as our "VCE" is not.) Thankyou. I know you can do either VCE, International Baccalaureate or BOTH (thats a lot of work though, like a crazy amount.) At schools around my area, but at my school the International Baccalaureate isn't avaliable. Are tere any other options, besides moving schools to do it?
Primary & Secondary Education - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Do the SATs. I think if you visit the US Embassy, you can apply to take the test as a private candidate in Australia. If your scores are good enough, you can go to college in the US. The only problem is that you'll have to devote extra time and effort to prepare for the SATs since you won't be taking it in school. Sorry if this wasn't very detailed. But I have a cousin from Asia who took the SATs in his home country, and he ended up in one of the universities in Boston. All the best!
Read more discussion :