Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What is the job I'm suited for? ( In Australia)


What is the job I'm suited for? ( In Australia)?
I am currently a waiter doing a traineeship in hospitality. But Im not sure wether hospitality is the industry I want to work in. Theres three jobs I have always liked Zoologist, Actor or Psychologist. I had to leave school in Australia because I went to live in Ireland for 2 years where I was in 5th year the equivilent to year 11 in Australia. But the problem was Irelands school year starts in the middle of the Australian school year. So when I got back to Australia the school I was attending told me I wouldnt be able to graduate year 12 and I was too old to repeat year 11 ( It would make me about 20 when I left school) So I went to see the guidence cousillor who set up a job in hospitality for me. Any advice please?
Other - Careers & Employment - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Go to college and get a degree. Then decide what you're going to do. Becoming an actor is pretty difficult, if not damn near impossible and a degree in psychology requires several years of college. My advice to you would be to go to a college or university and get a higher education.
2 :
Acting you can always take in schools and stuff so you will have to apply to them to see what happens - I am guessing heaps of money to get in. Psychology and Zoology require finishing year 12 and getting into uni - my suggestion is that if in Ireland you finished the equivalent of grade 12 in Australia, apply to universities for credit. I have a friend who came back from overseas and lots of his subjects got credited and he got an approximate OP which helped him get into uni. Otherwise see about doing something like tafe or an arts degree for a year so that you can establish yourself with something and then move up. I am sure you can always repeat year 12, you would just have to wait for the start of the year, or again get some subjects credited and start whenever they can make it possible for you Ask around to uni's and schools - and a tip dont trust that guidance counciller, I have never meant one at school that has told me correct information ! Best of luck !
Read more discussion :