Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Best Law School In Victoria, Australia


Best Law School In Victoria, Australia?
I am seriously considering doing a Graduate Law Course and I'm trying to work out which university I should attend. I would go to ANU but I can't really move interstate. I've been trying to find information but it doesn't seem like there is a ranking of universities in Victoria by faculties. I am currently at La Trobe so I'm considering going there. But I know that Melbourne University is the best university in Victoria. However I want the best law school and I don't know how to work it out.
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hey mate, That's a tough question. I am not aware that we in Oz have law school rankings. Their rankings seem to be linked to the reputation of the university itself. What makes a good law school, I wonder? Is it how well students are taught the law and succeed in their careers? Is it how many are going into the big law firms after graduation? A niece of mine went to UQ (University of Queensland) law and was so appalled by the boring delivery that she left. UQ is a top university along the same rank as Melbourne Uni. I am attending (online) Charles Darwin Uni law, and while this university might be quite low ranked, the lecturers vary from brilliant to appalling, just like in the best of the universities. If in doubt, go for Melbourne or Monash uni. Pity you can't attend ANU, I'd go there in a blink but I can't leave my current employer. The main reason for ANU is its reputation overall, but its law school? I have heard of a friend who did their GDLP through ANU and he said it was the worst experience he's had in his law studies. So, there you have it.
Read more discussion :