Saturday, January 2, 2010

religious schools Australia and students rights


religious schools Australia and students rights?
I'm not religious but my parents send me to a christian school., I would like to know what my rights are, it's not so much a direct question I just want to know what my rights are., can anyone give me a link that explains it or tell me, please don't just say "you don't have any" because I know I do, or to "just keep my head down and go along with everything" because I may be stubborn in saying so but I can't do that, just because i don't follow a religious doesn't mean I'm a useless teenager who's opinion doesn't matter thanks. btw I live I live i Victoria, Australia
Teaching - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
When your parent sign the papers for the school they have to sign a statement that they will agree to the level of Christian/religious education that is taught at the school. In effect your parents as saying - teach my child religious education as a subject on the same level as science, english and mathematics. Your "rights" in regards to religious education will be the same as your rights in mathematics - can you say "I dont want to learn maths you cant make me"? No you cant.
Read more discussion :